Getting a little lonely on TikTok? Why not try out the duet feature?
“Duet” is a fun feature on TikTok that allows creators to easily film side-by-side with another video that’s already up on the app.
You can use it to react to another video as it’s playing, sing songs with your friends, and sometimes, duet with your favorite artist! Sound like a good time? Here’s how to get started.
1. Open your TikTok app
2. Find a video you want to duet
3. Tap the “share” arrow on the right side of the video
This is what the TikTok share button looks like.
Credit: andy moser / @mileycyrus via tiktok
4. Tap the “Duet” button on the bottom of the screen
Tap the “Duet” button if it is available.
Credit: andy moser / tiktok
5. Next, you’ll see a split screen with your camera view on the left, and the video you’re duet-ing with on the right
Here is what it will look like when you duet something on TikTok.
Credit: SCREENSHOT: TIKTOK
6. Tap the record button and sing, react, analyze…however you want to duet!
7. Edit your duet and post!
That’s it. We’ll note that not every TikTok video will allow you to duet. Creators are given the option before they post whether to allow duets or not. You can even choose to allow someone to duet with your duet! And someone can duet with that duet of your duet. And someone can duet with that duet of the duet of your duet. And so on, and on, and on…