If you’re a TikTok veteran, you probably have dozens, if not hundreds, of videos saved in your likes.
Liking videos is a great way to tell the creator you enjoyed their content, an even better way to show the app what type of content you enjoy, and also a good method for recalling content that you may have enjoyed.
But did you know you can control who can see your liked TikToks? Thanks to a privacy setting within the app, you can hide your likes on TikTok. Here’s how:
1. In your TikTok app, navigate to your profile by tapping “Me” in the bottom right corner of the screen
2. Tap the three dots icon in the top right corner
3. In your settings, tap “Privacy”
TikTok’s privacy settings.
Credit: Andy Moser/TIKTOK
4. Scroll down to the “Safety” section and find where it says “Liked videos”
Liked videos privacy setting
Credit: andy moser / tiktok
5. On the next screen, you’ll have the option to choose either “Everyone” or “Only me.”
6. To make your liked videos private, make sure the “Only me” option is selected.
That’ll do it. Now, you’re the only person who can see your liked TikToks.
To see your liked videos, click on “Me” in the bottom right hand corner of the app, then click on the heart logo, which should now have an eye with a strike through it.
Click here to see your likes on TikTok.